Hello friends, we all are blessed with so many good things from nature & one of them are ‘DATES’. Dates contain natural sugar and can be called as Nature’s Candy. So, today I am posting a recipe of dates ice-cream which is supernatural & contains lots of good things in it.
Dates are rich in fiber, potassium, amino acids, B complex, iron and is energy boosting. Living in UAE from past few years I have seen so many varieties of dates like Khalas, Barhi, Dabbas, Fard, Khenaizi etc…my favorites are Fard & Ajwa.
So, let’s start to prepare healthy & natural ice-cream from dates. It’s a very simple & quick recipe and requires only 4 ingredients. It really turns out to be soft, creamy & delicious.
- Dates – 10 pieces (I have used fard)
- Heavy whipping cream – 1cups
- Condensed Milk – ½ cup (depends on how sweet you need ice-cream)
- Cardamom & Cinnamon powder – ¼ teaspoon
I have not used but you can add nuts to add little crunchy ness to the ice-cream.
Steps to Prepare:
Step1: remove the seed from all dates & chop dates into two/three pieces. In a Blender put all chopped dates & condensed milk, blend till you get a smooth texture.
Step2: In another bowl take the whipping cream and whip it with an electric beater. Whip it till soft peaks are formed.
Step3: Now add whipped cream & 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom & cinnamon powder into the blender of dates puree. Just blend only 2rounds and our ice-cream mixture is ready.
Step4: Take a freezer-proof container or box, pour the ice-cream mixture and cover it tightly with the lid.
Step5: Keep ice-cream mixture in the freezer for few hours to set.
Once set, you can serve delicious natural ice-cream.
- Sweetness can always be adjusted as per your requirement and depending on the kind of dates used. Dates are naturally sweet so we need very less amount of condensed milk.
- For best results or creamy texture, you really need to whip the cream well. You can also use blender or hand blender to whip till a creamy texture is formed.
- Cardamom and cinnamon powder will add extra flavor to the ice-cream to avoid over sweetness to the ice-cream.
Take a serving bowl, cut homemade dates ice-cream into layers or scoop it. Top it with your favorite toppings.
Buying an ice-cream from a shop can never satisfy the flavor with a homemade ice-cream. So, next time definitely give it a try.
Till Then …
Stay Happy & Healthy!!!