“Lemon Ice Tea” is one of the refreshing drink during summers. It has always been one of my favorite drink because of its fresh vibrant flavor and color. This fresh homemade Iced tea recipe is very simple, easy to make and all ingredients are easily available at home.
- Black Tea Bags – 2 (depends on the flavor if it’s strong/mild).
- Lemon – 1 (1/2 for juice and remaining for adding into glass)
- Mint leaves – 3
- Water – 3cups
- Sugar – ½ cup (depends on the sweetness you require).
As a beverage, tea has its own flavor and when mixed with citric fruits like lemon, orange or peach it will give you a refreshing feel.
I will share 2different methods to prepare this refreshing drink. one with ice cubes and another directly mix the ‘lemon iced tea’ prepared with water and serve.
1. Place a saucepan or vessel on a gas stove pour 3cups of water, 3mint leaves, and 2black tea bags or 3spoons of tea powder. (here, you need to balance the flavor as per your taste, some brands of tea powder are strong some are mild). I have used strong flavor black tea bag so using only one.
2. Let it boil for 5mins. The more you boil it will give you a strong flavor.
3. Add 1/2 cup of sugar and stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Now off the gas stove and let it cool down to the room temperature.
4. Once cool add 2tsp of lemon juice to it.
Our ‘lemon Iced tea’ mixture is ready. I have kept the flavors of tea and lemon strong and balanced sweetness. So that I can mix it with different kinds of juices, or water.
Pour this mixture into the Ice tray and let it set until ice cubes are formed.
Serving: In a glass place these Iced tea cubes, pour sparkling water or plain water to it. add 2lemon slice into the glass & serve this delicious summer cooler.
Here, I have placed 3 Lemon Iced Tea Cubes in a serving glass and added sparkling water.
Another method is you can directly pour the mixture into a pitcher and add water, lemon slice and mint leaves to it. pour into serving glass.
Here, I have placed 2 Lemon Iced Tea Cubes in a serving glass and added normal water.
Adjust it as per your taste: Iced tea recipes are easy and once you get the basics you can do variations in the recipe by adding different flavors, adjusting sweetness etc.
When using plain water you can muddle mint leaves and lemon slice in the serving glass to add extra flavor to the Iced tea instead of sugar you can add honey while serving (though it will give you a different taste).
Tea blends: In this recipe, I have used plain black tea bags, but you can use whatever blend you like such fruit flavor iced tea, green iced tea etc.
Enjoy your summer with this homemade “Lemon Iced Tea”.
disclaimer: The content of this blog is solely my views of a place and food. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time based on my latest experience. I am an independent owner of this site and the views expressed in this are my own. All photographs are owned by me.
Stay happy & fresh 🙂