Hello friends!! I hope you are doing good…
I am back again with a new recipe ‘Veg Rawa Toast’ quick, easy, tasty snack item that can be served as a breakfast or evening snack. An open bread toast flavored with rawa and veggies is a perfect snack item for children & elders and it will definitely satisfy your taste buds when combined with tea/coffee.
Veg Rawa Toast is easy to prepare and all ingredients are easily available at home. If you are bored eating the same bread sandwich then this is a good option.
Let’s start with the recipe
- 4 – white bread slice ( or as required)
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped capsicum
- ½ cup grated carrot
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp curd (fresh)
- red pepper powder or green chili (as per your preference)
- Pan & cooking oil.
Step By Step Procedure
1. Mix all veggies in a mixing bowl (onion, tomato, capsicum & carrot). Add these veggies to rawa/suji/semolina, then add salt, red paprika powder, and curd.
2. Mix all these ingredients by adding little water making it into a batter. (Sorry, I forgot to add grated carrot initially so adding it now)
3. combine it, cover, and let it rest for 10-15mins. The flavors will nicely be mixed and water gets absorbed by rawa making it into a smooth and thick batter.
4. Our veg rawa mixture is ready, so let’s begin to fry.
5. Place a Pan/Tawa on a gas stove, add little butter and let it heat on low flame. Till time apply a thin layer of veg rawa mixture on one side of the bread. Apply only to one side as its an open toast.
6. Place the toast on a pan, rawa mixture should be downwards. Apply or release some butter from the side of the toast.
7. Let it fry on the medium-low flame so that the rawa/semolina is cooked well. after 5mins you can check & turn it upside down to toast the bread from the other side. (plz note because of light or mobile effect the toast color is reflecting yellowish color).
8. Our Veg Rawa Toast is ready to serve. you can serve it with ketchup or chutney.
- I have used white bread you can brown, multigrain, etc as per your preference.
- you can also add other veggies like cabbage, corns, green peas, etc.
- If you need crispy toast then add less water into the mixture so that while frying its little crispy. If the veg mixture is a little wet then the toast will be soft. So it depends on your taste.
- Instead of red pepper powder (paprika), you can use green chili or black pepper powder.
- don’t apply the mixture on both sides otherwise, the toast will turn soggy and might break.
Everyone has a different taste and preference so you can modify the recipe as per your taste buddies.
during this corona situation
#Stay Home & Safe