‘Beetroot’ is a popular root vegetable packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds. Beetroots are a great source of fiber, folate, manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. They are delicious and easy to add to your diet in various forms like juice, salad, snacks, etc. Apart from taste they also have numerous health benefits, improvise blood flow, lower blood pressure, and increase in exercise performance.
Today I will be sharing a healthy and tasty recipe ‘Beetroot Cutlets’. It is a popular snack item liked by kids and by all age groups. It is easy, quick to make. There are different ways to make but I am sharing the way I prepare using all healthy ingredients. I am using veggies and outer cover will be coated with rawa/semolina for the crispy texture of cutlets.
Let’s begin with the recipe
- 2cup grated Beetroot
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 1 medium-size boiled potato
- 1cup oats powder (for binding)
- ½ tsp Salt (as per taste)
- 1/3 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder (jeera powder)
- Oil for shallow fry
Step By Step Procedure
1. In a large mixing bowl add grated beetroot, grated carrot & smashed boiled potato.
2. Add salt, coriander, cumin, red chili, and half oats powder.
3. Combine well so that all the species are mixed nicely. Oats powder will soak the water from veggies which will reduce the moisture from the dough. add oats powder as required.
4. Beetroot cutlet dough is ready. take small portions from the dough making it into pattie/Tikki.
6. next step for shallow fry, we need rawa (semolina) & oil.
7. Place a Pan on a gas stove on low flame. Add oil let it heat. Now, coat the cutlets into rawa on both sides and place them into Pan.
10. Fry them nicely from both sides by flipping it. It will take 7-8minutes to cook on medium-low flame. make sure you do not burn, you can add/pour oil if required.
11. Serve the Pattie/Tikki in a serving Plate. you can eat with curd or tomato ketchup.
- I have used only 3 main veggies but you can add grated cabbage, boiled green peas.
- Most important choose medium size and firm beetroot. It should not be hard as they might not taste good.
- Use mota rawa for coating.
- you can even use cornflour or breadcrumbs instead of oats powder for binding.
- don’t deep fry unless the tikkis are moist free. shallow fry is the best option.
I hope you will like the recipe. Do try and let me know.
Disclaimer: The content of this blog is solely my views of a place and food. This does not offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time based on my latest experience. I am an independent owner of this site and the views expressed in this are my own. All photographs are owned by me.
Stay Safe & Healthy!!!