‘Sweet Potato’ as the name says are sweet-tasting. It is a starchy root vegetable that is available in every part of the world though they differ in sizes and colors. They are a great source of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants and can be included in our diet for health benefits.
Sweet potatoes are versatile and can be consumed in various forms, baked, fried, pan-cooked, boiled, or steamed and can be enjoyed in both savory and sweet flavor. I like to prepare in both the forms but mostly I like savory. My husband and son love to eat in sweet flavor. Today I am sharing an easy and quick recipe of sweet potato. It is a pan-cooked, sweet, and healthy dish and can be relished by all.
What I like about this recipe is its delicious, healthy, and requires only 2 main ingredients. So, why wait…
Let’s start with the recipe
- 1 Sweet potato
- 1 cup jaggery
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder &
- Pinch of black salt
Step By Step Procedure
1. wash sweet potato nicely and peel the skin off.
2. Cut/slice it into circle/semicircle and soak it into saltwater for 2-3 minutes.
3. Place a pan on the gas stove and add 1glass of water or as required (i.e. slices should be soaked).
4. Let it cook for about 7-8 minutes or until it’s tender. stir occasionally
5. Now add grated jaggery, cardamom powder, and a pinch of black salt. cook until jaggery melts. It will take about 4-5 minutes.
6. once done off the gas and let it cool & then serve. Don’t make it too dry otherwise it becomes difficult to swallow.
7. Serve sweet-sweet potato 🙂
- you can use sweet potato whichever is available at your place.
- you can even make without peeling off the skin. just make sure you wash it thoroughly.
- Jaggery should be added as per your taste.
Disclaimer: The content of this blog is solely my views of a place and food. This does not offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time based on my latest experience. I am an independent owner of this site and the views expressed in this are my own. All photographs are owned by me.
Stay Safe, Healthy and Happy!!!