Stuffed Mango kulfi a famous and trending dessert. Mango & kulfi this combination itself is mind-blowing. Kulfi is an Indian ice-cream (dessert) made from reduced milk. Before mango season ends I just wanted to relish these sweet treats.
The day when I came across this recipe, I had decided to prepare this dessert. As the theme itself was interesting, delicious Mango fruit stuffed with kulfi. A real treat for your taste buds. Make sure you use good quality and sweet mangoes. We are fortunate to get good quality mangoes in Abu Dhabi (export).
The main task in this recipe is to remove the Mango seed without cutting it. It is a bit difficult hence will be a little time-consuming. I can only say follow tricks, techniques, and have patience.
- 3 Mangoes (good quality) I am using Alphonso.
- ½ liter Milk (full fat milk)
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder.
Step By Step Process
The first step is to prepare kulfi (Indian ice cream). Here I am following the traditional method by reducing milk.
1. Place a pan/vessel on a gas stove and add milk let it boil on medium-low flame. keep a watch so that it doesn’t spill or stick to the bottom. Keep stirring occasionally until it’s reduced to 1/3. Once it’s reduced add ½ cup of sugar and cardamom powder stir well until sugar is dissolved and then Off the gas stove.
3. Now our main task to remove the seed from the mango. First, slice the upper portion of the mango and maintain the cut slice. With the help of a knife just cut sides of the mango seed gently. Then with two fingers just pull the seed.
4. Our main preparation is ready.
5. Let’s fill the kulfi mixture in mangoes and seal it with the upper cover which we had kept.
6. KEEP IT IN DEEP FREEZER
7. Remove it after 7-8hrs our Stuffed Mango Kulfi is ready.
8. Now, one more task of removing/peeling the skin of Mango. most important is to take a hanky or small towel to hold the mango otherwise direct holding chill mango will lead numbness to hand within a few seconds. With the help of a peeler or knife slowly peel off the skin of the mangoes.
9. Slice the mango, you can cut into 3-4 pieces (your choice).
- Use good quality sweet mango and should be stiff so that it will not tear while removing seed.
- I suggest before you make this recipe try once to remove the seed from mango as a trail.
- for Kulfi I have used the traditional method but you can go for a quick method which is using heavy cream and condensed milk.
- while slicing the mango kulfi use sharp knife as the outer layer will be hard. also, cut it into minimum pieces otherwise it makes a break.
This dessert is really tasty and easy only you need is your creative hand for removing seed from mango 🙂 when chill mango kulfi was ready I felt to keep it back in the freezer as my mind was not at all ready to slice it. The stuffed mangoes were looking so beautiful and tempting!!
Disclaimer: The content of this blog is solely my views of a place and food. This does not offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time based on my latest experience. I am an independent owner of this site and the views expressed in this are my own. All photographs are owned by me.
sharing a link of my previous recipe ‘Mango Amrakhand/Mango Shrikhand’
Stay Happy, Healthy, and most important (Stay home & stay Safe).