Hello Friends, hope you all are doing good. One of the most common worries of women or rather of a mother is ‘cooking’! Right from breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner, everything needs to be prepared, keeping in mind the health factor. It should also be liked by family members and quick to prepare.
Let me share a healthy and delicious recipe ‘veg masala toast’ served as an evening snack. A tasty vegetable mix which is topped on a slice of toasted bread and served hot/warm. Each bite will give you a tangy, spicy, sweet veg flavor and when they are combined with crispy toast it tastes just amazing.
This recipe is very simple, easy and all ingredients are easily available at home. It can be prepared before time and assembled while serving.
To make veg masala
- Onions – 2 chopped
- Tomato – 1 finely chopped
- Carrot – 1 cup grated
- Capsicum/bell pepper – 1 cup finely chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chili powder – 1Tsp
- Haldi/Turmeric – 1pinch
- Chaat masala – ½ tsp
- Herbs/oregano – 1/3 Tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/3 Tsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 Tsp
- Oil – 2tsp spoon for cooking
For Assembling or serving
- Bread – 4 slices
- Mint chutney – 1small cup (optional)
- Butter – to spread on toast and to shallow fry
Let’s, prepare Veg masala toast step by step
Veg Masala (topping/filling)
- Place a Kadai/Pan on a gas stove, keep the flame medium-low. add 2tsp of oil once heated then add finely chopped onions and sauté till they turn a soft and little brown. Then add finely chopped tomatoes and cover the kadai with a lid. Let it cook for 2mis on low flame.
- Once onion and tomatoes are nicely cooked add capsicum and grated carrot. (if available you can also add corns or green peas). Mix it well and cover it with a lid, let it cook for 4-5mins. Now, add salt, red chili powder, haldi, chaat masala, pepper powder, oregano mix it well, cover it with a lid and just cook it for a min. After that add tomato sauce, mix it and close the lid and let it rest.
- Our vegetable masala is ready to be placed on the toast.
Believe me, when you will open the lid you will not be able to resist the aroma of vegs and spices.
- Heat a pan on low flame. place bread slice to make a bread toast. Turn over the bread which is now toasted & let the other side also become nice light brown, crispy, toast.
- When the other side of the bread is getting toasted, apply butter & mint chutney over it. Now spread vegetable masala on it and fry it for a min or 2. add little butter to the sides of the toast so that it doesn’t get burnt or stick to the pan.
- With the help of a spatula spread the masala evenly & press it on to the toast.
- When the base is toasted well, gently lift the masala toast and place it on to the serving plate. (cut it in a triangle or square shape)
5. Mouthwatering veg toast is ready to serve. I love these toast which a cup of Tea.
You can prepare remaining masala bread toast in the same way, toast the bread nicely and spread butter, mint chutney and top it with veg masala.
- There is no need to serve any dip, chutney or sauce. It’s kind of ready to eat a snack.
- I have used white bread but you can use whole wheat bread or multi-grain bread to make it more healthy.
- This recipe has many spices so I prefer to make it for evening snacks rather that morning breakfast.
- You can prepare veg masala a day prior or in the morning and store it in a refrigerator.
Disclaimer: The content of this blog is solely my views of a place and food. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time based on my latest experience. I am an independent owner of this site and the views expressed in this are my own. All photographs are owned by me.
Stay Happy & Healthy!!