FRUIT SALAD a healthy and most loved recipe of everyone. A few days back a very innovation idea came into mind to prepare a fruit salad. My son was really bored and complaining of eating fruits which I use to cut and give him during the late afternoon to eat. So, to make the fruit dish interesting and healthy I gave a twist to the most popular Dish i.e. “Fruit Custard” into unique “fruit salad without custard” and still keeping it tasty and yummy!!!
My secret cum innovative recipe is as follows (oops, now it’s no more a secret 😊). Usually for ‘custard fruit salad’ we have to buy custard powder and another required item such as sugar and milk which is easily available at home. Custard gives you thick consistency and sugar makes it sweet, So i wanted to eliminate both these items to make it healthy. So finally I got my magic ingredients.
Fruit Salad without custard
- Fresh Fruits – Apple, muskmelon, chickoo etc (fruits of your choice, cut into small pieces).
- Banana – 2 ( I used small one i.e eliche otherwise 1big banana is sufficient)
- Dates – 6/7 nos
- Milk – 1/2ltr
- Honey – for sweetness instead of sugar (if required)
- Sugar – 1or2tsp (if you don’t have Honey).
- Dry fruits – almond, cashew, pista chopped (of your choice)
- Tutty fruity / Ice cream – if served for small kids to make it yummier
So, let’s start with our recipe
We need to Make a creamy/smooth dressing as a replacement for custard.
For making dressing
Step1: Remove the seeds from dates and cut it into 2-3 pieces. Take a Jar or bowl soak Dates in a half cup of milk for minimum 3-5hours before.
Step2: In a mixer jar, combine soaked dates including milk and 2banana’s along with additional 1cup of milk. Blend nicely until a thick paste is formed. Now here it’s your own choice how thick or liquidy you need the consistency of the dressing. Your dressing is ready.
Step3: Dice up all the fruits (apple, chickoo, muskmelon, grapes etc) into small pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl/serving bowl.
Step4: Now add the smooth dressing into the mixing bowl from the mixer jar and mix it well with the diced fruits. Let it rest for few minutes till all the flavors of fruits are infused in it.
So your healthy fruit salad is ready. Store in a refrigerator for an hour and serve it chilled.
You can garnish it with dry fruits, for kids you add a scoop of ice cream etc.
The best thing about this dish is it’s totally made from natural ingredients which are easily available at home. It’s quick and easy to make, a great escape from preparing the custard.
- Dates contain natural sweetness in it so there is no need to add sugar but if you want more sweetness then you can add 1 or 2tsp of Honey.
- Our another ingredient Banana which actually turns black after cutting and personally I avoid to mix it with other fruits but making banana shake was an excellent option for me to include in the recipe.
- you can serve creamy fruit salad during Breakfast, evening or as a Dessert after your food.
- It’s one of the best dish for Indians during fasting.
- An easy method to eat plenty of fruits.
- Buy ripe fruits and good ones for a richer taste.
- Try not to mix acidic fruits with sweet fruits. So, while combining fruits just think once otherwise, it will not give a better taste.
Now it’s no more drenching your fruits in sugar or custard powder and adding banana which will not turn black. So, do try this healthy recipe which has an abundance of goodness in it.
Disclaimer: The content of this blog is solely my views of a place and food. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time based on my latest experience. I am an independent owner of this site and the views expressed in this are my own. All photographs are owned by me.
Stay Happy and Healthy!!